Views
Helpful
Replies

CS-MARS: Edit a system rule duplicates into a hidden rule

hoffa2000
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all

For testing purposes I clicked on one of the system rules firing every few minutes (I haven't started tuning yet) and on the resulting "Inspection Rules" page clicked on "Action None" to set the rule to mail me when firing. I selected an active recipient, submitted my change and clicked Activate.

After that all incidents match the rule "System Rule: Network Errors - Likely Routing Related-Aug 8, 2007 5:19:25 PM CEST" instead of the rule I changed the action on. Also this new rule cannot be found among the other inspection rules and the rule reference cannot be clicked on the dashboard either.

This seems rather bad, my guess was that I would be able to edit the system rules without problems. Whats wrong?

Regards

Fredrik Hofgren

2 Replies 2

PAUL TRIVINO
Level 3
Level 3

I *think* what you did wound up Duplicating the Rule - the rule name implies that. Sounds like the rule was put in front of the previous rule. Also, have you looked at Active/Inactive and /or User rules to find them?

Paul

Agree

I looked under Active and Inactive and didn't find them.

However it seems that those altered, invisible rules, where only present just before I sent the Activate command to the MARS. After clicking Activate and waiting some 20 minutes the reference to the dated, invisible rules stopped and only the visible rules with the new changes were firing.

After that I also started receiving alert mails as I had configured.

I guess it's one of those things that should be made clearer in and upcoming manual revision.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: