Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CS-MARS error adding device

We have a MARS 50 in house for a demo and I have been attempting to add different devices to it. So far adding a PIX firewalls and Snort boxes has proved successful; however I am getting errors trying to add IOS switches and routers.

Wanted to see if anybody else had this problem in the meantime while our reseller works with Cisco TAC on a resolution.

Software version is 4.1.5 (2198) and the error follows:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.apache.jsp.Admin.Devices.TestDiscoveryPage_jsp._jspService(TestDiscoveryPage_jsp.java:235)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:324)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:75)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalValve.java:66)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:162)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:540)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)

at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

2 REPLIES

Re: CS-MARS error adding device

Hi,

I am getting more or less similar error with the CS-MARS (v4.1.5) that I am working on right now.

Fortunately, I have Cisco TAC & CS-MARS Developer working on it as this was one of the issue that I am facing right now (intermittent).

This was also related to Cisco IOS devices.

Rgds,

AK

Re: CS-MARS error adding device

Hi,

For my case, I have completed a troubleshooting session with CS-MARS Developer today, and it was suspected a bug.

Rgds,

AK

Views
Helpful
Replies