Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS MARS, how many users are supported?

How many users can be created on the CS MARS systems?

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: CS MARS, how many users are supported?

If I might be so bold. A better question: how many events per second can each MARS box handle?

To quote Cisco, "The Cisco Security Monitoring, Analysis and Response System family offers different performance characteristics and prices to meet a variety of organizational needs and deployment scenarios."

Go here to read the data sheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6241/products_data_sheet0900aecd80272e64.html

Does anybody know of a link to a good events per second calculator?

Does anybody know of a user limit on a CS MARS system. I have a client that needs to create 100 users on the system. Is that possible? I have looked all over with no luck.

Thanks

Silver

Now I understand the original posting. There is nothing in the documentation regarding an upper limit on the number of users. I don't think the developers ever anticipated a client needing to create 100 users on a single MARS box. I could see having a 100 users in total if the implementation included a Global Controller and a number of Local Controllers, though I am hard pressed to figure out why 100 people should have ever have access to a single MARS appliance.

Best of luck testing this out. I hope you report back to this forum if you try this or find an answer somewhere else.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content