cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CS-Mars to analyze log

mylove142
Level 1
Level 1

My network has Forescout, Checkpoint Provider-1, FWSM, IDSM-2. Now, I want to use CS-Mars to anylyze log for all devices. CS-Mars can do or not ? Please answer me.

I want to use 1 device to analyze log of all devices in my network.

Thank you for your answer.

2 Replies 2

mogli
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

you can integrate FWSM, IDSM-2 and Check-Point into the MARS by using description in the manual. i did this many times for these devices and it works fine.

i've never heared about forescout. is it possible to make forescout send syslogs (or snmp-traps) after the occurance of an event?

if yes, there would be the possibility to use custom parsers to get the box supported from the mars (at least some basic functions).

i can't appreciate how much effort it takes to create custom parsers for the forescout solution. the effort depends on how many different "messages" (syslogs or traps) the forescout sends to the MARS (you have to create a parser for each message itself).

kind regards,

Thank you for your answer. If you know about the other programs to analyze log, you can talk to me. I search a tool to analyze log in my company.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: