cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CS-MARS: Topology View with a MPLS network

r.bollman
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to have CS-MARS depict MPLS network appropriately? There are devices on the cloud edges that are managed by the provider (MARS does not have SNMP or telnet access them). When CS-MARS does the discovery, the map does not depict the WAN appropriately in regards to the MPLS cloud (it doesn't show the cloud at all). All the sites are drawn as seperate individual segments, which can make it hard for a support person to follow traffic flows.

I'm looking for any workarounds or "nerd knobs" that can be used so the map is drawn correctly.

1 Reply 1

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

actually I did not work with MARS, but from an IP perspective a MPLS VPN looks like on big router. You could add an unmanaged generic router with all the interface IP adresses of all the CPEs. As MARS uses accessible devices for topology discovery you will need to stich everything together manually.

My 2 cents.

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: