cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 4.5.1.639 Security Level

kerraj2004
Level 1
Level 1

I know in previous versions there was an option to NOT allow users to turn off the CSA agent but allow them to modify the security level. In 4.5.1.639 I was told by TAC that the only way to accomplish this is to remove (UI) user interaction. I feel I'm being mis-informed by TAC.

Is there any work arounds to accomplish this?

2 Replies 2

joseph.hamilton
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure how much I can help, but we implemented in 5.0 so that only admins can turn the Agent "off". It required making separate Required System Modules for Administrators and Regular users.

Then again, the Agent Service Control rule type has two options for access: "Disable Agent" and "Change Local Agent Configuration". Simply don't check "local agent configuration" option and users will be able to modify their security level.

I have unchecked the option "local agent configuration" so that users cant modify their security level but it does not work. It must be a bug with the version i'm running. Guess this will have to wait until 5.0.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: