Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

CSA 4.5 - network shim

We have csa 4.5.1.616 agents installed on approx. 100 windows workstations with network shim installed, is there an easy way to uninstall the network shim??

THANK YOU

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CSA 4.5 - network shim

You can disable the loading of the shim in registry, i don't think you can uninstall it. key = HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\csanet\Enable = 0

Just keep in mind that your network shield rules wont have any effect anymore.

Jan

5 REPLIES
Silver

To uninstall the Cisco Security Agent, do the following:

From the Start menu, go to Programs>Cisco Security Agent>Uninstall Cisco Security Agent. Reboot the system when the uninstall is finished.

Community Member

Thanks for the reply.

I don't actually want to uninstall the agent just the network shim. Is there an easy way to do this ?

You can disable the loading of the shim in registry, i don't think you can uninstall it. key = HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\csanet\Enable = 0

Just keep in mind that your network shield rules wont have any effect anymore.

Jan

Community Member

Am i given an option while installing the agent weather or not, I should be installing the network shim?? I recently installed CSA on a couple of workstations and do not remember that.

Thanks

Community Member

When you create agent kits you have a choice whether the install will be quiet or interactive.

If you choose quiet then you select whether you want to install the network shim or not, so when the setup is run you will not be asked.

If you don't choose quiet install then you will be asked.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content