Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

CSA 5.0 Agents Installed on Windows Servers

This is a general query regarding CSA Agents that are installed on Windows servers. I realize that could include a broad array of services for end users.

Let me preface by saying I have had good success with CSA Agents installed on Windows servers in the past. Though I am about to embark on a CSA 5.0 implementation and want to reassure a client (and myself!). Call it a reality check and one more way to keep from getting over-confident about a particular product. I figured this was the best place to ask before I begin.

Please let me know if you have a moment about the good, the bad, and the ugly you have encountered either in your labs or on live networks.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: CSA 5.0 Agents Installed on Windows Servers

Cisco Security Agent supports Network Load Balancing and Server Cluster for Windows 2003 and 2000 Server platforms. Cluster support may require certain network permissions to operate. As with other network services, your CSA MC policies must account for these network permissions. (Component Load Balancing, and Solaris and Linux Clusters are not officially supported in this release 5.0

Nothing but success with the 5.0. Very easy migration and there is always test mode if you are unsure.

Blue

Hi Paul

I recently removed CSA 5 from a Windows 2003 SP1 server that is our Trend Micro OfficeScan 7.0 server. I applied the policy and rule sets from Trend Micro but the server kept blue screening. This is an HP DL380 G4 and it had the system board replaced, different RAM, etc.. The only time it behaves well is when CSA 5 is gone. The only reason we installed 5 was because 4.0.3-737 would cause it to have multiple timeout errors.

(See message: http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Security&topic=General&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dda0b50/3#selected_message).

Not sure what my next step will be but it hasn't blue screened since I removed CSA 5.

It's running fine on other servers.

Hope this helps...

Tom S

Views
Helpful
Replies