cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5.0 and External SQL Database

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

On day 3 of a CSA 5 pilot my client has reported that the external SQL database they are using is now

experiencing slowness. They are seeing that the new CSAMC50 has multiple processes open that are not closing as they think they should.

My question, until I receive more data from them, has anybody using an external SQL database (it meets the Cisco Specs) seen or perceived any slowness after the introduction of a database for CSA 5?

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

We opened a case with Cisco and we were assured that it is normal for CSA to create as many as 200 connections to the SQL server--including orphan connections.

We will continue to monitor the number of connections between CSA and SQL and note how long the orphan processes take to close.

If we continue to notice a degradation of service on the SQL server and it can be shown in log/sniffer traces, we can then disable the CSA MC from accessing the SQL server and see if this solves the issue.

More information as it becomes available.

Patrick Laidlaw
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have CSA 5.0 deployed to my client with multiple SQL servers but they haven't seemed to noticed a performance issues.

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: