cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5.0 Test Mode tanks Networked MyDocuments

fwatson
Level 4
Level 4

Loaded the default 5.0 Desktop agents. For PCs that have their MyDocuments folder pointing to a network server, this causes intermittent loss of connectivity to MyDocuments. Get message "Offline Files - you are working offline. You are no longer connected to [ServerName]."

At this point we click an icon in bottom right, resync occurs, and connectivity to MyDocuments is restored.

Remove CSA agent from the machine, no issues. Any thoughts?

5 Replies 5

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Any corresponding messages? Try taking a host out of all groups and see if it recurs.

RichardSW
Level 1
Level 1

In one of the responses I got back from a TAC case concerning bad server performance, I was told that when an agent is in Test Mode it has to keep reprocessing the same rule over and over. I didn't get a very good explanation why this would be the case, but it was recommended that I pull that agent out of Test Mode and see if it makes an improvement. You can set your rule(s) to Monitor action while its out of test mode.

Test mode has to process the rule every time it triggers like it was the first time.

It doesn't cache or "learn" like protect mode does.

With protect mode it would either prompt the user and move on or cache the response.

It also logs everything even though the rule may be set not to log.

Tom S

Okay that does make a lot of sense. But what if every single one of your rules had the action set to Monitor? What if you didn't use any User Queries at all?

I'm talking about a standard MC setup, not a hypothetical one. I'm sure you could configure an MC to make the agent perform poorly or well for either scenario.

If you have all rules in monitor mode, then it's going to slow the system down. There are only 19 of 624 on my MC set to monitor and 115 set to query the user.

The majority of the events I see in testmode are repeated query rules triggering and they happen in a short period of time.

Tom S