Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5.1 agent problem

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

I have choosen noisy install for CSA 5.1 agent, but i still do not see the network shim option???

I would also like to disable security options on the agent, can someone help me with these 2 questions please.

6 Replies 6

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

You need to add an Agent UI control rule and uncheck the box next to "Allow user to modify agent security settings"

The network shim is not optional in v5.1.

Tom S

Tom,

Many thanks for you answer, I really appreciate your responses.

1) When you say that network ship is not an option, do you mean that i would not see "firwall settings" tab on my agent interface. the documentation indicates that i will. what is i want to temporarily want to allow pcanywhere connection to my machine from an external source how would i do it if shim is not an option and is mandatory in 5.1

2) I do not want to see security settings in agent interface(high,medium,low, off) should i add a rule to change the defaults? please can you tell me something more on this.

I will surely rate all posts.

1). If your policy contains any rules relating to Network Shim\ Network Shield (E.g. In-Valid IP Header,TCP\UDP Port Scan etc) then Network Shim will be installed automatically.

2). Create a "Agent UI control" rule and Un-Check the Approriate option as needed in your environment.

Hope it helps.

\\ Naman

Naman,

I am confussed, does it mean that i would have to write rules for network shim/shield for the product to install network shield on the host?

I thought the product installed the network shim by default with some basic policies.

Thanks

Network Shim will always be included\installed but if you don't define any rules that take advantage of the Network Shim then obviously its not going to be Active.

The rules examples that i mentioned above make use of Network Shim functionality and if defined will activate the functionality.

\\ Naman

Naman can we please speak about this offline. My e-mail is karanprakash2004 yahoo com.

Thanks,

Parwal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: