Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5.1 does not have laptop agent

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

The new CSA 5.1 MC only shows me agent for desktop and server, how can i generate one for laptop?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, those other groups should be sufficient. The modules do a pretty good job of explaining what they are for too.

You'll probably need to tweak them a little bit to quiet them down though.

Tom S

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

You can create a kit that belongs to the group "Desktops - Remote or mobile".

This has the Cisco VPN Client and IP Stack - External Network Security modules.

Tom S

I want a kit just for laptops, should this kit have anything other than desktop-remote or mobile group?

also can i find documentation on what does cisco vpn client and ip stack modules do?

No, those other groups should be sufficient. The modules do a pretty good job of explaining what they are for too.

You'll probably need to tweak them a little bit to quiet them down though.

Tom S

Tom,

If this a new deplyment, should i add destop group and mobile group. In additon to this group should i add a test group as well. How would you approach a new install for a customer who has over 500 laptops??

would you make changes to rules in the test group or overide rules, please give us a brief guideline to follow.

many thank

I would have the same rules to apply to both test and protect mode systems and apply the exceptions to the groups. That way you can see if there are any differences between the two. (Some rules log in test mode even though they are set not to).