Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5.1

rocking_dude
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to upgrade from CSA version 5.1 to CSA version 5.2. Can you please tell me the issues you might have faced during the upgradation.

I am planning to upgrade on the same machine with a remote database for both the versions.

Please share your experiences

Thank you

4 Replies 4

gojericho0
Level 1
Level 1

Is this your first time during an upgrade?

One of the issues I first had were some duplicate policies/modules/rules

This is because when I first started using CSA, I would modify the original rule instead of creating and modifying a copy. I then had to manually cleanup the old 5.1 rules that were remained after the upgrade

Of course you always what to take backup the database and export and polices you may have before the upgrade as well

1cmerchant
Level 1
Level 1

I just completed an upgrade from v4.5 to v5.2, albeit with the assistance of two CCIE's from a Cisco Gold partner. Probably the most important issue I can point out is that there is a HUGE bug in v5.2 r203 that prevents many hosts from obtaining a DHCP lease during bootup. So if you use DHCP be sure to skip r203 and go right to r238 which came out at the beginning of November.

I'll echo that about the version. Start with the latest hotfix and work from there.

Also, if you can closely replicate your environment with VMs (including importing all configuration data) and do a test migration, do it.

Tom

thank you for your feedback.. I am going to try that.

Thank you very much

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: