Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5.2 availability and CSA MC?

greivin.viquez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I am trying to get the latest CSA. Cisco announce recently CSA 5.2 but it seems it is still not available to download. ?Does anybody this?.

On the other hand, the lastest CSA MC version is 5.1.0.69. ?Does anybody now if this version run with CSA 5.2 or it is also unavailable yet even thought cisco announce the CSA 5.2?

The last question, If I want to buy the CSA "100 Desktop Agent Bundle" or "10 Server Agent Bundle" ?Do I also need to buy the CSA MC?

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you need the starter bundle (CSA MC) to start. You can download the MC but need a license key to use it. The agent bundles aren't software, they are just license keys.

The MC requires a separate license to run and manage agents and that's what comes with the starter kit. It also has 10 desktop agents and one server agent.

The "CSA 10 Server bundle" will cover 10 additional servers for a total of 11.

Here is a link that explains much of it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5057/products_data_sheet0900aecd804a8f2b.html

Tom

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

It is available "March 2007" which gives them all month to release it.

I'm guessing Wednesday the 7th, don't ask me why, it just feels right.

5.1.0.69 is the latest released version.

There is a hotfix up to 5.1.0.91 last time I checked.

You need to order the Cisco Security Agent 5.1 Starter Bundle to get started. It comes with a CSA MC license and enough desktop and server agent licenses to get you started.

The part number for the Cisco Security Agent 5.1 Starter Bundle is CSA-START-5.1-K9.

Tom

Thank you Tom.

In regards to the "CSA Starter Bundle", ?Is it a MUST to initially get "starter bundle" first to start ANY CSA configuration?.

I am asking you this because I have a customer that want to get the the "CSA 10 server agent bundle" to protect his 10 servers and nothing else. With your previews comment, I have two choices:

1. Customer MUST buy the "CSA Starter kit" for $3.000 plus the "CSA 10 server bundle" for $10.500. TOTAL: $13.500

2. Customer could buy only the "CSA 10 server bundle" for $10.500 and download the "CSA MC". TOTAL: $10.500.

I was able to download the CSA MC 5.1 but I was wondering ?what should be the right "license" path?.

Please advice,

Regards.

Yes, you need the starter bundle (CSA MC) to start. You can download the MC but need a license key to use it. The agent bundles aren't software, they are just license keys.

The MC requires a separate license to run and manage agents and that's what comes with the starter kit. It also has 10 desktop agents and one server agent.

The "CSA 10 Server bundle" will cover 10 additional servers for a total of 11.

Here is a link that explains much of it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5057/products_data_sheet0900aecd804a8f2b.html

Tom

ok. I do understand.

Thanks a lot Tom.

You are welcome and good luck.

Tom

CSA 5.2 should be ready by the end of March.

We are also waiting for we can get RHEL 4.0 support