Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5

ciscors
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few questions about CSA 5

1)I can't find the options for the network shim anywhere in MC.

2) Once an agent has been installed with the network shim, is it true that to remove the shim, one has to re-install the agent?

3) Is there a list of what protection does the agent give when set at a medium security level through the agent GUI?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1. For whatever reason bug CSCsd99274 is not in there.

The SR# is 603331301 and I can see it in the TAC Service Request Tool.

2. Yes, the network shims were permanently enabled in CSA 5 with no option to disable.

Tom S

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

1) The network shim option is supposed to present itself if you create a "noisy" installation agent kit. I have yet to see it in either 5.0.0.176 or 5.0.0.183. I opened a service request (603331301) on it.

2) Since 1) does not work, I don't believe 2) is possible for now. I did read in an earlier post that it is possible to use a registry setting to disable but I haven't tried it.

3) Security levels relate to system state sets. You can have conditional rules set to deny all connections of a certain type when security level is high and query the user when the security level is set to medium or low.

Hope this helps...

Tom S

I just got confirmation that the documentation in CSA 5 help is wrong. The bug id is CSCsd99274.

The network shims were permanently enabled in agent kits. This was necessary for QoS to work.

Tom S

Tom

1) I can't find the bug CSCsd99274 in the bug toolkit. Do you have a direct link to it or maybe you can copy/paste the entire passage in here?

2) Did you mean to state that network shims just can't be disabled anymore in 5.x?

1. For whatever reason bug CSCsd99274 is not in there.

The SR# is 603331301 and I can see it in the TAC Service Request Tool.

2. Yes, the network shims were permanently enabled in CSA 5 with no option to disable.

Tom S

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: