Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CSA 6.0 And remote desktop

I upgraded to CSA 6.0 agent on my PC and when I attempt to remote desktop into a server, I am not able to. I looked in the CSA logs and there is not a log message that states the action was blocked. I uninstalled CSA and I am able to RDP. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a way around it?

There were no events in the management console as well.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CSA 6.0 And remote desktop

With CSA 6.0, the Network access control rule [1635], was key to this access. The application is identified as:

svhost.exe -k termsvcs

Termsvcs is your terminal services/RDP. Just add an exception to this rule allowing the connection using host addresses.

4 REPLIES
Blue

I have it installed on a Vista laptop and RDP works ok.

Did test mode not help?

Mstsc.exe also needs to be allowed to capture all keystrokes (it is by default).

I did run it in test mode, but did not see any events for this type of behavior. I will continue to check it out.

With CSA 6.0, the Network access control rule [1635], was key to this access. The application is identified as:

svhost.exe -k termsvcs

Termsvcs is your terminal services/RDP. Just add an exception to this rule allowing the connection using host addresses.

The strange thing was that it only happend when I was connected via VPN.

Views
Helpful
Replies