cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 6.0 will not install. Crashes on Patch Information.

ddevecka
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried to install CSA 6.0 a few times and it crashes on "Unable to load patch information into database. setup will now abort". can anyone tell me why this keeps happening. I have installed 5.2 just fine but I want to use 6.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

If you encounter problems with installing or uninstalling the CSA, perform the following tasks:

• Verify that you rebooted the server.

• Verify that the Cisco Security Agent service is not disabled and that its Startup Type value is

Automatic.

• Obtain the installation logs from :\Program Files\Cisco\CSAgent\log. Review the

Cisco Security AgentInstallInfo.txt and driver_install.log files.

• For installations, verify that you installed the Network Shim. The driver_install.log file should state

that csanet2k.inf installed. If the Network Shim is not installed, uninstall the Agent and then install

the Agent again.

• Verify that you did not use Terminal Services.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

If you encounter problems with installing or uninstalling the CSA, perform the following tasks:

• Verify that you rebooted the server.

• Verify that the Cisco Security Agent service is not disabled and that its Startup Type value is

Automatic.

• Obtain the installation logs from :\Program Files\Cisco\CSAgent\log. Review the

Cisco Security AgentInstallInfo.txt and driver_install.log files.

• For installations, verify that you installed the Network Shim. The driver_install.log file should state

that csanet2k.inf installed. If the Network Shim is not installed, uninstall the Agent and then install

the Agent again.

• Verify that you did not use Terminal Services.

Turns out the server just needed more memory.

Thanks,