Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CSA 6.0 will not install. Crashes on Patch Information.

I have tried to install CSA 6.0 a few times and it crashes on "Unable to load patch information into database. setup will now abort". can anyone tell me why this keeps happening. I have installed 5.2 just fine but I want to use 6.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CSA 6.0 will not install. Crashes on Patch Information.

If you encounter problems with installing or uninstalling the CSA, perform the following tasks:

• Verify that you rebooted the server.

• Verify that the Cisco Security Agent service is not disabled and that its Startup Type value is

Automatic.

• Obtain the installation logs from :\Program Files\Cisco\CSAgent\log. Review the

Cisco Security AgentInstallInfo.txt and driver_install.log files.

• For installations, verify that you installed the Network Shim. The driver_install.log file should state

that csanet2k.inf installed. If the Network Shim is not installed, uninstall the Agent and then install

the Agent again.

• Verify that you did not use Terminal Services.

2 REPLIES

If you encounter problems with installing or uninstalling the CSA, perform the following tasks:

• Verify that you rebooted the server.

• Verify that the Cisco Security Agent service is not disabled and that its Startup Type value is

Automatic.

• Obtain the installation logs from :\Program Files\Cisco\CSAgent\log. Review the

Cisco Security AgentInstallInfo.txt and driver_install.log files.

• For installations, verify that you installed the Network Shim. The driver_install.log file should state

that csanet2k.inf installed. If the Network Shim is not installed, uninstall the Agent and then install

the Agent again.

• Verify that you did not use Terminal Services.

Turns out the server just needed more memory.

Thanks,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content