cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA Agent rule change

e-see
Level 1
Level 1

If I change a rule, does it affect all groups it is associated with(I would like a change for one agent kit only). Also, I want to deploy a few standard desktop agent kits in test mode and some live. Is this possible. Thanks

3 Replies 3

5mlattimore
Level 1
Level 1

When I change a rule.I create a copy or clone of the policy (which leaves the original intact)then change the rule in the new group.

I also have some kits installed in test mode and others live.

Hope this helps

I will give it a try. I thought I had already done this but the rule showed up changed in other policies. I will double check. Thanks

When you change a rule, what do you change? If you change a variable or an application class, that will be a global affect. If you simply change the rule action, such as log options or such, it will only affect that policy that the rule is in. If the Policy is in a number of groups, all groups will be affected.

Pretty much it looks like this:

Groups > Policies > Rules > Variables/Application Classes.

Be careful when you clone items though. If you clone a group- Everything under the name of the group will still be the same, so if you change a rule in the clone it will change the original as well. If you clone a policy- all of the rules in that policy will be brand new rules and you can change the rule without changing the original. with the exception of the variables and application classes in the rule- they are still the same.

I hope this helps.

BC