Helpful
Replies

CSA Critical Error

fmarotta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am recieving the following error in the event log of my csa server:

Product license for profiler is invalid or has expired.

Is this a separate lic?

I do not even see profiler anywhere in the menus.

Can someone please shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

Frank

5 Replies 5

pbobby
Level 1
Level 1

Are you running a demo?

I saw the same message, however I think it's leftover from before Cisco purchased it.

The profiler is used to analyze the behaviour of an application, such as what system calls it makes, ports it uses etc. It's a way of introducing an application to your environment without CSA blocking/complaining about it while you figure out the appropriate ruleset for it.

No I am not running a demo, I have uploaded licenses for CW common services, CSA Management console, and agent licenses.

Are there any others I need?

Thanks

Frank

Not applicable

I too am having the same error message after installing the CSA console and agent licenses. I'll keep searching for a clue but if anyone has the answer please post it.

Thanks,

Alex Tatistcheff

TAC told me to upgrade to CSA 4.0.1.

It solved my problem

bcarroll
Level 1
Level 1

The message you are recieveing is indicating that the Profiler Application License is Invalid. Profiler is actually another purchase, in addition to the Agent Licenses. You can't see the Profiler option in the menu because it is not enabled until the license is added. You can contact your Cisco Rep for Pricing. The upgrade the 4.0.1 simply supressed the message- it didnt fix a problem, because there was no problem.

Also, Profiler was called Stormfront before Cisco picked up Okena.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: