Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CSA freezes computer after dial up connection is established

Hello all!

Every time I establish a dial-up connection (while CSA is installed and running) the computer freezes, no blue screen and no error. I'm able to establish the connection (modem dials etc..) but the second the connection is solid the computer freezes. Right now my only solution is to stop the CSA service, obviously this is not a good solution. The laptop in question is a dell D520 w/ a Conexant HDA D110 MDC v.92 modem. The only events in CSA security log are warnings that relate to the intel pro wireless chip set. I have removed the intel software and the warnings have stopped occuring, so i doubt that was even a factor.

Is there anyway i can put the agent into debugging mode so that i can trace the problem? I'm also unable to preform a MS crash dump since the computer just locks up (frozen screen, no error or BSOD).

Thanks,

Sean

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: CSA freezes computer after dial up connection is established

Put the agent in test mode and enable verbose logging (probably in it's own group would be good).

You didn't mention which version though I don't know if that is much of a factor.

Tom S

Hi .. if your CSA was installed with the Nework shim feature enabled .. then you might want to disable it and see if it makes any difference !!! I have found a couple times some weird behaviour when network shim is enabled even if the agent runs on test mode which is not supposed to be intrusive.

"As part of testing, you might need to disable the network shim. Luckily, the shim is a

separate component of the agent and can be disabled without uninstalling, but you will need

to modify the registry. If the shim is installed and operational, you should have the

following entry in your system registry:

HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/csanet/Enable=1

If you do not have an enable value under that entry in the registry, then the shim is enabled

and running by default.

To disable the shim, change the value for enable to 0 or create an enable value with a

dword value of 0. To enable the shim, simply set the dword value back to 1"

I hope it helps ... please rate if it it does !!!

- Stop the agent service

- Open in notepad:

Program file\cisco systems\csagent\cfg\sysvars.cf

- Debug=1 (uncomment this token)

- Set the highest debug setting: debug=999

- Restart the agent service

Do not forget to take the Agent out of debug of you'll get constant file churn on your caslog.txt files.

A call to TAC and the CSA escalation team can walk you through disabling the various shims to triage what is the conflict.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content