Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CSA Host Description - What does the TAG designate

In CSA 5.0, when listing all hosts, at the end of the description is a TAG deignation. Some of the TAGs have the user ID and some do not. Also, there is a cryptic alphanumeric there. Can anyone tell me this designates? It does not appear to be in the 5.0 manual.

Thanks

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: CSA Host Description - What does the TAG designate

It is important that you spend time charting out your security needs in advance rather than attempting to backfill holes as they are discovered. Because both networks and network security are dynamic entities, it is expected that you will need to adjust policies to meet the changing and growing needs of your enterprise. A well thought-out security plan is certain to save you time in the end.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5057/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008042482b.html

Blue

I believe that's the Asset tag in the system BIOS, most probably the machine serial number.

Tom

Thanks. It appears it is the machine serial number. I checked a couple of close workstations and the numbers in the tag are the same as the serial.

Thanks for your help.

Larry

Blue

This may also be from WMI data though I haven't looked yet. It didn't seem to be in the registry.

Tom

WMI is correct.

property IndentifyingNumber

from win32_ComputersystemProduct in root\cimv2

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content