Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CSA: How to properly backup the CSA Client Installation on a user pc?

Hi,

coming from the backup side of things my question is: "How to successfully backup the csa client files on a pc?"

Currently when running the nightly backup i am running into the problem that access to certain csa files is denied.

E.g.:

11/11/2008 03:01:04 ANS1228E Sending of object '\\pc06\c$\Programme\Cisco Systems\CSAgent\cfg\agent-api.orl' failed

11/11/2008 03:01:04 ANS4007E Error processing '\\pc06\c$\Programme\Cisco Systems\CSAgent\cfg\agent-api.orl': access to the object is denied

11/11/2008 03:01:04 ANS1228E Sending of object '\\pc06\c$\Programme\Cisco Systems\CSAgent\cfg\agent-com.orl' failed

11/11/2008 03:01:04 ANS4007E Error processing '\\pc06\c$\Programme\Cisco Systems\CSAgent\cfg\agent-com.orl': access to the object is denied

and like 20 more files.

Whats the proper way to backup a client including csa. Obviously i can't make my TSM client shutdown the service and then fill out the captcha which protects it.

What would be the correct way to configure CSA properly to allow us to make a backup of the full machine. I guess we are not the only ones backing up full systems. ;)

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Best regards,

Eike

3 REPLIES

Re: CSA: How to properly backup the CSA Client Installation on a

I would start by looking at your policy/rule modules to see what is blocking the backup process to "backup" those files.

If your CSA policy is actually doing the blocking, you should be able to create the exception(s) to give the process/user/etc. the ability to access the CSA agent files for backup.

Depending on the CSA policy you are running, the CSA agent protects itself from attack.

Eike,

What is the benefit to backing up CSA on the endpoint? All the configuration is stored on the MC and will be downloaded when the agent came back online after a restore. Typically customers will exclude the CSA directories from a full backup to avoid these conflicts.

Thanks,

Josh

Josh, you are correct. That makes sense. We have indeed excluded the csa now.

Only reason could possibly be to restore a system with as less manual activities required as possible. (in case one backs up with systemstate) :)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content