cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

csa management

cfajardo1_2
Level 1
Level 1

how is csa deployed to numerous workstations? do i require something more aside from the csa agent?

thanks

5 Replies 5

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

It requires the CiscoWorks Management Center for Cisco Security Agents.

Here is a link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps5212/index.html

Tom S

so is this the same management console that the command and control of the ssm module on the asa requires?

thanks

This is the CiscoWorks VPN/Security Management software. I don't believe it manages ASAs.

Tom S

You wouldn't want to manage both the CSA agents and ASAs even if that were possible. VMS rides on top of CiscoWorks and a is very slow product that Cisco is promising to overhaul.

At the present time your best bet from my experience is to keep the CSA Management on a separate box. If you require a VMS platform to manage Firewalls and VPN devices then buy another box. This is expensive but the amount of your time you will save will more than make up for it.

IS THIS VMS the same module needed for the command and control port of the ssm module in the asa?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: