cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA Upgrade

mbarasch
Level 1
Level 1

I have CSA 4.5-565 on about 180 pc's and we now need to upgrade it to 4.5.1-693 and after I upgrade the server I then need to upgrade the agent on all 180 pc's but my question is if I don't upgrade the agents immediatly will I be able to control the agents? I'm not thrilled with upgrading the agent on all 180 pc's at the same time since they belong to the same group. So I'm wondering if after I upgrade the software on the server if I'll be able to move these users to smaller groups before I upgrade their agent. Essentially I'm asking if the old agent will work with the new server and let me work with the older agents.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Yes, the old agent will work with the new server.

Create a small test group and then go to the System pulldown menu. From here select Software Updates. You can then enable the software update for hosts in the test group you created.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Yes, the old agent will work with the new server.

Create a small test group and then go to the System pulldown menu. From here select Software Updates. You can then enable the software update for hosts in the test group you created.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: