Helpful
Replies

CSA Warning Messages (Network Shim)

cbigas
Level 1
Level 1

Our CSA agents are ver. 4.5.1.616

I get the following warning messages on the CSAMC

"The Network Shim is not installed/enabled on this agent, but the rules that apply to this agent require the network shim to be enabled. Functionality will be degraded until the network shim is installed."

The network shim is not installed on these devices, but what I don't understand is that there are no "NETWORK SHEILD" rules applied to these devices, why are these messages appearing??

THANK YOU

2 Replies 2

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

For installations, verify that you installed the Network Shim. The driver_install.log should state that the csanet2k.inf installed. If the Network Shim is not installed, uninstall the agent and then install the agent again.

Thanks,I haven't installed the network shim on purpose, because I do not need them on these workstations. I don't beleive I have any rules (Network Sheild) applied on these devices, but I'm getting warning messages on the MC that some rules require the network shim to be installed. How can I chceck to see which rules or rule types these are?

THANK YOU.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: