cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA will not install

cschweigert
Level 1
Level 1

I have created an agent kit and assigned it to a group. when I select that agent kit it does not install. I can see the install process come up in the task manager but it disappears after a few seconds. I am installing the agent on a w2k3 server and all the pre-requests are met for the agent. Any thoughts on this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Which windows server are you referring to ?

I don't think we will see 64-bit windows server versions till next year.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

Try to create a agent kit with the silent option disabled and install that instead, it would show you what is wrong, if there is some issue with the installation itself.

Thanks for the response. I will try that out. See what I can find ou

Just in case, do you have any antivirus or personal firewall ?

I had an issue when installing CSA in several machines with McAffee antivirus. CSA installation took several minutes. It finally get installed, but then the machine didn't respond, only applications previously opened did respond. So I was forced to reboot and CSA came up without further problems along with Mcafee.

On the other hand, CSA installation on all my other machines took only seconds and no problems after installation.

I don't believe there is any anti-virus in our way, but that is a good question. I will have to look. I am still waiting to test the original install on a system to see if it works. I have installed many before without this issue. But I guess "many" is a relative term.... Thanks again!

There may be a log file in Program Files\Cisco Systems even with a failed install.

It may contain some clues.

Tom

Thanks for all that replied to this. I really do appreciate your comments. I found that CSA was being installed on a 64bit OS. And... as we know that is not supported. Wonder if anyone knows anything about a time frame for Cisco to support the Windows 64bit Server OS for the agent software.

Which windows server are you referring to ?

I don't think we will see 64-bit windows server versions till next year.

windows 2003 64bit and even the windows 2008 32bit/64bit OS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: