cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSACS 3.0 java error when add users or edit group!! need help

x-guo
Level 1
Level 1

windows 2000 sever, sp2. When I click 'submit' to add user or editi group, I got a error of java. "error in line 51 of the script", I found the script, sth like this "if (netscape != browse.appname) { the error command}" I am using IE, so that command should run.

Did someone else met the same problem and know how to resolve it?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of IE is this? ACS is not supported on IE 6.0 until ACS 3.0(2), is that what you're using? Also are you using the MS Virtual Machine that is built into IE6.0, or are you using Sun's Java console? You'll get some weird problems if when using Sun's Java console, although generally it'll work reasonably well.

I tried IE version 6.0 and 5.5, same problem. but I resolve this prome in IE 6.6 by downloading new java plug in 1.4.0_01, but the NAR still displays as grey, and have some java exception.

There are so many problems with java, but many cisco network management products using java. maybe this java plug_in works well with CSACS, but not works well with works2000.

Please use English language in IE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Äã¿ÉÄÜÅöµ½Á˺ÍÎÒÒ»ÑùµÄÎÊÌ⣬ÔÚieÀïÃæ°ÑĬÈÏÓïÑÔÉèÖóÉÓ¢ÎľͿÉÒÔÁË¡£

ken.vance
Level 1
Level 1

Do you by any chance administer users from multiple servers ? I ask because we see this type of Java issue when a profile is modified on our second site, and for some reason the profiles are out of sync.

Alternatively, what version of Microsofts JVM are you using ? note the issue with 5.00.3805 on Win2k.

Just thought it may help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: