cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSAMC 4.5 - Unknown Applications

kerraj2004
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had problems in the past were they have been unable to access the "UNKNOWN APPLICATIONS" in CSAMC? If I click on the link to access the page just times out and does not open. Any ideas on how to correct?

Everything else is functioning fine within the CSAMC

7 Replies 7

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Yes, I don't know the precise reason for it but I believe it was because there were too many entries for MSDE to process effectively.

I believe I had to enable data management so it would purge the old data. Then I had to be more diligent about identifying and managing the unknown apps and it seemed to work well after that.

When you purge the old data or "UNKNOWN APPLICATONS" what is a risk by doing this, what impact could it have?

Thanks,

Only that you would lose old discovery data and only if you didn't archive the deleted data.

I think it was designed for regular attention because the default schedule for data management when activated is to delete data every day and process data older than 7 days.

So if i performed a purge for all Application Deployment that should purge all unknown applications that should allow me to once again access unknown applicatons within the Management Center?

Thanks

It should based on my experience. Of course you won't have many unknown applications after you purge.

If you are concerned about losing old data, you should set it to archive when you set the purge schedule.

Tom S

i have never maintained the Unknown Applications in the past so should that concern me about losing them if i never maintained them? The unknown applications will start to re-populate and then i can maintain, right? I just dont want to have negative impact to my users.

Thanks

It should not be a concern since you weren't using it and you never identified the apps. It will start to repopulate and then you can maintain it from there.

Tom S

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: