cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSAuth Service automatically Restarting - 2.6 NT

rbirkin
Level 1
Level 1

We have a problem with the CSAuth service, it keeps restarting on a daily basis at around 1am and 1pm. Here's what appears in the eventlogs:

Source: CIscoAAA

EventID: 5

CSMon Message: Service CSAuth has been stopped or paused by the system. Monitoring will suspend until the service is restarted. Monitoring of CSRadius stopped as a dependant of service CSAuth which was stopped or paused by the system.. Monitoring of CSTacacs stopped as a dependant of service CSAuth which was stopped or paused by the system..

It then restarts 10 seconds later. In the ACS service management page there are settings to test login every 1 minute, on failure to restart all. I suppose this is fine as It appears to be doing it's job but i'd like to find out why this is happenning.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you doing replication to another ACS server? During replication the CSAuth service is stopped, so if it's happening at regular 12 hour intervals this might be the cause.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you doing replication to another ACS server? During replication the CSAuth service is stopped, so if it's happening at regular 12 hour intervals this might be the cause.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

We're not replicating to another server although we the option was ticked to backup the database every 12 hour to a local directory.

Thanks for your help.