Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

csids monitoring interface

Hi,

If you connect the monitoring interface which is 10/100 ethernet to a hub (which is 10Mbps no autonegotiation), would it work and start sniffing. IF not, how do you set the monitoring interface to 10Mbps. Also, regarding the reporting subsystem, I cofigured the Reports for Most visited FTP and WWW sites and user activity but I'm getting nothing although FTP services are configured to be logged in 'Configure Notification'. Also 'View Notification' is always empty. The only thing I'm getting populated is the 'Sensor events database' and 'Events summary' report (filled with info from the pix about denied outbound connections. Any clue of what could be missing? Note that the perimeter router is not configured to send syslog messages to the CSPM. Thanks.

Hussam

System Engineer

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: csids monitoring interface

Auto negotiation should default to 10Mbps half-duplex when negotiation fails on physical link so it should work just fine. It sounds like you need a tac engineer to help you set this up and get your reporting working properly.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content