cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM and existing VPN tunnels

vbuendia
Level 1
Level 1

I have run into a particular issue in the past. When installing CSM for first time in an environment where there is an existing VPN network, the product will not reflect the existing VPN tunnels in the Map View.

I have tried to import the existing configurations using all the possible ways (from CDR, from text files residing in my computer or just discovering them) but CSM doesn?t seem to pick up the existing configuration to show these pipes in Map View. Seems like you have to build them from CSM otherwise they will not show.

Has anyone found a way to make this possible? Is this actually possible? Is there any other technology that CSM will not pick up from an existing configuration?

I understand that this may not be an issue since CSM is a Policy Management solution and not a monitoring one, although it would be nice to be able to continue adding tunnels with CSM to a work in progress.

I?ll appreciate any input on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dradhika
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

which version of CSM are you using?

Did you try vpn discovery?

If you are using CSM3.1 then you can discover the vpn and thus able to see the vpn tunnel in map view too.

HTH,

Radhika

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dradhika
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

which version of CSM are you using?

Did you try vpn discovery?

If you are using CSM3.1 then you can discover the vpn and thus able to see the vpn tunnel in map view too.

HTH,

Radhika

Wow, that was exactly what I was looking for Radhika. Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: