Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

CSM and LMS 2.6 (i.e. Common Services 3.0.5)

Hi folks.

I'm running Ciscoworks LMS on one server, and Cisco Security Manager on another. I use the LMS server as the repository for ALL of the cisco devices in my company, and Common Services is configured in Master mode. The CSM server is in Slave mode; it connects to the DCR (device and credential repository) on the LMS server. This stops me from having to 'double enter' and maintain routers on both platforms.

I want to upgrade the LMS server to LMS 2.6 (which was just released about a week or two ago. It mostly comprised of usability enhancements.) However, the LMS 2.6 documentation states that if you're in Master->Slave mode, then ALL slaves need to be updated to CS 3.0.5 as well.

Anyone know if CSM will run on CS 3.0.5? Considering how much time I put into getting LMS 2.5 installed, working, and cross-connecting with CSM (and oh yeah, both LMS and CSM are in ACS-integration mode!) I'm extremely reluctant to just blindly upgrade. Anyone out there brave (and/or foolhearty) enough to even try getting CSM to run on CS 3.0.5?

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies