Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM Client installation problems

idnikolov
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have severe problem installing the Cisco Security Manager Client. I've installed the server part and everything seems to be OK. When I try to install the client part - the installation crashes at the beginning. My workstation covers the installation requirements. I have tried with the Java version required by Cisco and with other versions. The result is the same - when you start the installation, a window appears saying it starts the Java VM and after that everything diasappears and nothing else happens. I have disabled my anti-virus soft. too. I'll be gratefull if anybody can help!

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

The CSM requires configuration for client-side and server-side VLANs when you install the module in a Catalyst 6500 series switch. You must configure VLANs on the Catalyst 6000 family switch before you configure VLANs for the CSM. VLAN IDs must be the same for the switch and the module. The CSM dynamically allocates one client gateway to the active router for a total of two client gateways for an HSRP group. You can configure a maximum of three HSRP groups on the client side of the CSM; fewer if other routers exist on the client-side.

gbarker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Did you complete the preparatory checklists and follow the step-by-step guidance in the Security Manager installation guide? The book includes a chapter that is dedicated solely to installing the client-side software, and its troubleshooting appendix offers recomendations for diagnosing and working around problems on client systems.

The 3.0.1 version of the installation guide is available here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6498/products_installation_guide_book09186a00806c3907.html

I hope that this answer has been helpful to you. Best of luck.

Regards,

Gary