cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPM And Cisco IOS Logging

rcfoltz
Level 5
Level 5

What logging level and debugs are suggested to be enabled to generate good http, ftp, etc... service reports?

Also, would it be better to have the Firewall feature set on the router perimeter router to generate this info, or can you still get good info from basic Plus feature set?

2 Replies 2

kthanuva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we need Firewall image to generate this info...I think in basic Ip Plus image you get the required details.You have to enable Debugging level to get the HTTp and FTP service log messages.

* Emergencies. Generates syslog messages that identify system instabilities.

* Alerts. Generates syslog messages that identify system integrity issues that require immediate administrative action. Includes all Emergency messages.

* Critical. Generates syslog messages that identify critical system issues. Includes all Emergency and Alert messages.

* Errors. Generates syslog messages that identify system errors during operation. Includes all Emergency, Alert, and Critical messages.

* Warnings. Generates syslog messages that identify system warnings, such as possible misconfigurations. Includes all Emergency, Alert, Critical, and Error messages.

* Notifications. Generates syslog messages that identify normal operations that are typically considered significant events. Includes all Emergency, Alert, Critical, Error, and Warning messages.

* Information. Generates syslog messages that identify system information that is typical of day-to-day activity, such as network session records. Includes all Emergency, Alert, Critical, Error, Warning, and Notification messages.

* Debugging. Generates syslog messages that assist you in debugging. It also generates logs that identify the commands issued during FTP sessions and the URLs requested during HTTP sessions. Includes all Emergency, Alert, Critical, Error, Warning, Notification, and Information messages.

Regards

kiruba

Yes, I have debugging level messages sent to the CSPM. however, The router is not generating any messages, I have no debugs turned on. What debugs should i enable? Anyone have a sample config that is working?