cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPM and IDSM on different networks

lkhan
Level 1
Level 1

Wer have IDSM module on net 10.1.x.x and the CSPM on net 10.2.0.0. Via the wizard in CSPM I have added the IDSM module no probs. The problems trying to add the CSPM host to the Network Topology Tree.

configuration on CSPM:

Internet

Net - 10.1.0.0

IDS SEnsor

Network 1

Host

When I run a consistency check I get the following message: No Interface address for Network1

thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adding a new network just for the CSPM machine can be ind of tricky so here is a trick that I use:

Close down CSPM and restart it, this should clear your topology since had not been saved before, if it does not clear it then go ahead and deleat the current entries you made for CSPM and it's network.

Now add a dummy temporary sensor, but give it an address in the same network that CSPM resides (10.2.1.2 for example). Give it a made up hostname, hostid etc...

The wizard should prompt you for the default router ip and create the network for you.

Once the network is created, right click on it and there should be an option for adding a new host.

When you select it should let you know that it detected the CSPM box in that network address space, and ask if you want to add it.

Once you have CSPM in the topology then add you real IDSM module on the 10.1.0.0 network and then delete the dummy sensor from 10.20.0.0 network.

Now when you hit Save or Update eveything should be saved fine.

There is a way to do this properly, create a new network. But doing what marcabal just said is a slick way of having the tool figure out all the options/settings for you.

Good tip.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: