Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CSPM IDS and FIREWALL

Hi,

I will appreciate If Someone can explain to me about the differences between CSPM Firewall and IDS. I think all the features in Firewall are inlcuded in the CSPM IDS.....

Thanks

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: CSPM IDS and FIREWALL

Back in 2.2 of CSPM, it could configure both Firewalls and IDS sensors.

But then in version 2.3 there were 2 separate development trains being worked on.

V2.3f supported new features and bug fixes of the Firewall management, but did not include any new features or bug fixes for managing IDS sensors. I believe it has since continued to have more fixes and become v3.0 still with no fix or features for IDS.

V2.3i supported new features and bug fixes of the IDS management, but did not include any new features or bug fixes for managing Firewalls. It has continued to have features and bug fixes for IDS bringing it up to v2.3.3i with signature udpate S10. But it has not had any changes to it's Firewall management capability.

So to manage both Firewalls and IDS you would need two separate machines, one running the 2.3f (or 3.0) and the other running 2.3.3i.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content