cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPM Installation issue

vikrantarora
Level 1
Level 1

I get the following message in between CSPM installation.

Failed to get file version, 'C:\WINNT\system.32\hhctrl.ocx'

followed by :

To install either the Cisco Secure Policy Manager demo or the fully functional product, you must first install the HTML Help 1.2 update before continuing with the installation.

I can not locate this file on the internet to download,please help. Secondly, i have hhctrl.ocx version 4.74.8793.0 but still i get the error message.

7 Replies 7

pcrgm1119
Level 1
Level 1

I'm assuming CSPM2.3.3i onto WIN NT4.0 w/sp6

Ironically I had this same issue yesterday. I think it has to do with the way NT4.0 is configured and updates and service packs are applied.

The only difference in what I saw to what you saw was that it wanted me to go to v1.32. MS offers v1.40, and it doesn't fix the problem.

The work around I did was copied the hhctrl.ocx file from a WIN2K machine, copied it to the WINNT\system32 file and away I went.

That is the smallest headach you will have with this.

Ironically, i did the same thing.... :-)

I have an IDS BLade installed in 6509 switch which I intend to manage with CSPM. Could you give me some tips on that or a link to na online documentation about configuring hardware IDS 3.0 with CSPM

Thanks

I am running the same configuration. IDS blade ain a 6509. The first thing I'd like to mention is that CSPM3.0 is used for managing Firewall and VPN. You need to use CSPM 2.3.3 for IDS sensors.

As for DOC.'s the best thing I can recomend is

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2133/products_user_guide_book_list.html

or do a search on CSPM in TAC or Google.

I read this post and I would like a clarification please. What version of CSPM supports IDSM blade on 6509? I am having tons of trouble with NT 4.0 SP6a CSPM 2.3.3i interfacing and reporting from my IDSM blade. I do not have any host sensors/appliances currently, just the one blade.

Can you tell me what software, svc packs, and signature versions you are using on both the blade and the CSPM box?

Thanks for your help!

CSPM v2.3.3 supports the ISDM for the 6500, and I currently have v2.3.3.3i-S39 running. The ISDM software is as follows. It starts as 2.5.0-S0 which you have to upgrade to 3.0.2-S6, the load 3.0.5-S23 andfinally the lateset which is 3.0.5-S35. Next to defining your topology correctly, the loading of NT4.0 is one of the hardest thing to do. It gopes NT4.0-SP6a-IE5.5-HTML Help v1.32-and SP6a over the top at the end. Althought I still had to copy hhctrl.ocx from a WIN2K box, this worked for me. The latest version of CW2K VPN/.Sec is 2.1 and from what I'm hearing it is head and sholder above what we have now. I plan on upgrading to it in Q2 of 2003.

Thanks for this info. Are you positive that VMS 2.1 will support the IDSM blade in 6509? I thought I read in some of these posts that it did not support IDSM, but only supported appliance sensors. I am continually frustrated by Cisco announcing new sigs and svc packs for appliances that do not apply to idsm blades.

We are in process of moving our NT 4.0 boxes to Win2K, so we are also looking to move to the better VMS 2.1 version -- IF it will support idsm.

As far as I know, and my Cisco rep tells me, theCW2K VPN/Sec v2.1 does support the ISDM blade. along with the fact that it is much easier to use in terms of monitoring the ISDM blade. I am not sure what version of WIN os the new CSPM will use. I am hoping it's ported to WIN2K. It would seem that the appliance is a better tool, but I've had both, and for watching my entire WAN router, the ISDM blade is the way to go. I have an appliance that I use internally, but I'm going to move to the ISDM blade there also, and use the appliance as a drop inline to look piece.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: