cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPM not generating new packetd.conf

mthyer
Level 1
Level 1

Sometime after updated CSPM from 2.3i to 2.3.1i to 2.3.2i I noticed that it no longer generated an new packetd.conf file. When I make any changes to CSPM that should generate a new packetd.conf file (string signatures, filters, etc.) it appears to be successful. Following my "approval" of the updates the policy manager reports that the files were transferred successfully. The modification date on the /usr/nr/etc/packetd.conf (sensor) file remains the same and my modifications are not reflected in the file. Has anyone experienced this?

Sensor is 4230 running 3.0.2-S9, CSPM is 2.3.2i (soon to be upgraded to 2.3.3i). Any insight is appreciated...

5 Replies 5

danrodri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The config files are generating after each "Update" of the CSPM database. Ensure you click OK on each configuration screen and then the Update button on the toolbar. To check if you config files are generated goto the PostOffice\tmp\sensorca directory. Check the files' date and timestamp.

Hope this helps

That is exactly what I have done. The packetd.conf file in the PostOffice\tmp\sensorca directory has not changed. In addition to performing a "Save and Update" following a database change I have also used the "Signature Update" wizard in an attempt to generate new config files.

Try it after upgrading to 2.3.3i.

There was a known problem in 2.3.1i which was fixed in 2.3.2i that it exactly what you are talking about.

But if you are experiencing this in 2.3.2i this may be a new bug.

If it ocurrs in 2.3.3i then please contact the TAC so that a bug can be entered and tracked for you.

After the upgrade from 2.3.2i to 2.3.3i was everything fine. But I had to uninstall the CSPM because of VPN client installation to use IPSec. After the installation of the 2.3.3i, I noticed the same issue as mthyer! I had to install first 2.3.2i and then to upgrade to 2.3.3i.

Sorry! The correct situation was, the following: After the direct installation, not upgrade, from 2.3.3i I used the "fmrestore" command to restore my saved setting and database. After the restore I noticed the issue!