Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSS (ARROW POINT) KEEPALIVE SCRIPT AP-KAL-SSL X.X.X.X

My issue is related to an application on a server engine that has problems understanding the normal TCP KEEPALIVE poll from the CSS. I have the keepalive configured for TCP but when the CSS polls the server engine the application on the server engine tries to establish a TCP three way handshake with the CSS. When the server engine can not establish the TCP session it generates an error in the server log. The problem with this is that the server's log gets full of errors and when there is a real problem the SA's are unable to located the real error message. I was told to replace the normal TCP keepalive with and SSL script keepalive (ap-kal-ss 172.16.1.1). This was suppose to stope the errors from being generated by the server. When I use this command the CSS is unable to communication with the application via polls and there for asumes the application is down. I was also told in order for this to work I will need to edit the keepalive script within the CSS via FTP. My problem is that I have never done this before and I don't know if it's going to work. I need help in editing the CSS via FTP.

1) Will this work, or does anyone have any other solutions that may help stop the error messages from being generated.

2) How do I get into the CSS via FTP?

3) How do I edit the CSS?

Thanks for all your help.

2 REPLIES

Re: CSS (ARROW POINT) KEEPALIVE SCRIPT AP-KAL-SSL X.X.X.X

I have attached several urls to aid you in your journey. I myself am not a pro at the CSS, but I thought this would help.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/webscale/css/css_500/bsccfggd/index.htm

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/webscale/css/css_500/advcfggd/index.htm

The first link is the basics of the CSS, and the second is the more advanced. The second is where you will find information about the CSS scripting language. Good Luck!! Hope this helps!

Re: CSS (ARROW POINT) KEEPALIVE SCRIPT AP-KAL-SSL X.X.X.X

Thanks for the information but I need to know how to edit the keepalive script in the CSS. The documentation is very good but it doesn't talk about editing the script. If you do a sh script (ap-kal-?) it will give you what I think is the script (not 100% sure). Do you know of any other keepalive besides TCP that I could use to stop the server engine from generating errors? If so please let me know, this is becoming a project all by itself........

Thanks for all of your help,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content