cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTA to 2950 to ACS

Rutger Blom
Level 1
Level 1

We have a problem with the CTA not doing anything on the client machine. While 802.1x environment is up and running the Cisco Trust Agent doesn't seem to do much. I've enabled logging on the agent and from what I can see in the logfile the agent is just not triggered to do something. I'm authenticating the machine connected to a 2950 switch to ACS which works fine, but the CTA should send some data to the ACS so we can start validating this machine with the different NAC policies we have on the ACS.

Any suggestions? What more needs to be done/upgraded to make NAC phase 2 work with catalyst 2950 switches?

Kind regards,

Rutger

3 Replies 3

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

well, first of all nac phase2 (layer2) needs to be released by cisco :-), and second of all cta 2.0 needs to be released by cisco

Jan,

Thanks. I figured that out now. I thought Cisco did release phase 2 with all components. It was in the Swedish press here.

Kind regards,

Rutger

Ya, The press release actually states in the end that the software won't be released until end november, so very soon hopefully.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: