Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

cwvms 2.0

Feel like I'm missing something here. I have cwvms 2.0. After reading the online documentation it seems like I need three servers instead of two for 1)ids's, 2)2pix and 2 border routers and 3) For VPN. ids's can be installed on one machine cspm 2.3.3i, then pix and border on another machine cspm 2.3f or what ever, then cw cd1, cd2 or rme, then vpn. Am I reading this correctly?

• Other Security Subjects
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: cwvms 2.0

http://cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_b/vpnman/vms_2_0/cco_qsg.htm#12232

CSPM 3.0f and CSPM 2.3.3i cannot be installed on a single system. Cisco recommends that separate machines be deployed for network configuration and

monitoring. Therefore, one machine can be used for all the monitoring components: CSPM 2.3.3i, Cisco IDS Host Sensor, and VPN Monitor. A separate machine

can then be used for CSPM 3.0f.

So it looks like you need 2 machines.

1) NT4.0 w/ CSPM 3.0f installed (for firwealls)

2) NT4.0 w/ CSPM 2.3.3i installed (for IDS)

You can load the IDS Host Sensor management software on either machine 1 or 2 (they recommend on 2).

And you can load the VPN management software on either machine 1 or 2 (they recommend on 2).

OR you could have a third machine (with W2K if you want) with both IDS Host and VPN management software on it.

(Note: CSPM requires NT4.0 but IDS Host and VPN will work with either NT 4.0 or W2K.)

Views
Helpful
Replies