Views
Helpful
Replies

Database Rules Time trigger

duchesne_ced
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I try to setup a DB rule with time scheduling option.

If i set this time to close from the current time, the DB rule is not activated. I need to wait until next day.

What's the minimum time ? to get execute an alarm executed the same day of the activation. ?

thanks

4 Replies 4

ywadhavk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I set this up on my lab server an it did run the scheduled job that was setup 4 minutes away.

Did you select the "Run Daily" option only? How did you verify that the job is not running? What are the latest entires from the CSCOpx/log/IDS_DbAdminAnalyzer.log file? You may want to run the backup from under the Common Services--> Backup database tab to have a shrinking effect on the idsmdc.log file.

Thanks,

yatin

Hi,

here are the answers

Did you select the "Run Daily" option only?

I used the option Daily Beginning.

How did you verify that the job is not running?

I setup an e-mail notification to warn me when the job is finished

Since the upgrade in version 1.1, IDS_AdminAnalyzer. log does not show anymore the scan of DB rules defined.

I only have this entry:

insertNotification: inserted Notification record ID 1241

or

Execing: cmd.exe /C dir D:\PROGRA~1CSCOpx\MDC\Sybase\DB\IDS\idsmdc.db

Well, not receiving the email may not necessarily mean that the pruning is not happenning. Did you get a chance to run the backup and check the db log file as stated in the last post?

thanks,

yatin

jpalani
Level 1
Level 1

The minimum time is 30 minutes to trigger the DB Rule the same day.

The DB Rules will be checked once every 30 minutes, and if the Trigger condition is met, the specified action will be performed. So if you have chosen the 'Daily Begining' option, select a time 30 minutes beyond the current time to trigger it on the same day.