Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Debugging strange Web problem

Our WAN consists of a few dozen remote sites connected to corporate via one of two VPN methods. Some sites connect to corp. via dedicated VPN hardware and others via Windows NT-to-NT RRAS VPNs. A PIX515E resides at corportate that all users go thru to reach the Internet. The PIX recently replaced a raptor firewall appliance. Since the switch, the users that reside on the NT RRAS VPN remote sites cannot access one particular page that they previously could. The users that reside at the other remote sites do not have this problem. I don't see why this particular page should be a problem. I thought about a routing issue but all other Internet access from the NT RRAS sites is OK so I am fairly certain that we can rule this out. What is the best way that I can troubleshoot/debug this?

Thanks,

Diego

PS

To see what is happening goto http://www.stratacom.ws/index.asp and click on Web ordering on the bottom right. The problem the NT RRAS users are having is that after they logon the get a blank screen instead of the Web ordering menu. Maybe the html or asp code for this page is the problem?

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Debugging strange Web problem

First thing, determine if the newly nonfunctional URL exists on a particular server with which you can access other pages. As in, can you get to other things on this server? If so, you can pretty much rule out some sort of a routing issue. Also, ensure the page does not use a non standard port, or link to documents with nonstandard ports. As in, http://www.yourserver.com:4652 links within the page.

Re: Debugging strange Web problem

Was this problem ever resolved. My users are experiencing the same problems with an Interactive page on Dow Jones. We thought the problem was our Websense content filtering software, but their tech support directed us to Cisco where they heard the recommendation was to simply upgrade the Pix IOS to v6.2.1. We upgraded to 6.2.2 and now we sometimes get the blank pages when attempting CGI request from the Interactive website.

Views
Helpful
Replies