Views
Helpful
Replies

Delay in switching of links...

siljugpillai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two locations connected through leased line and Vsat link . Vsat link is connected to the Lan of my branch office and it is used as a backup link. My HO has a AS400 server.

The problem we had initially is packets were

travelling from BO to AS400 via LL and returning through VSAT. We have given default gateway in AS400 as that of Vsat router. That cannot be changed. As a solution we implemented NAT so that BO LAN is visible as a sepertae network to the HO router and AS400 in HO and it is working fine. Once the LL is down Vsat link comes up. But once LL is up again it is taking almost 10 minutes for the route to switch over from Vsat to LL. There is a default route from

BO router through the same ethernet interface where the LAN is connected with a higher metric.

What could be the problem? Thanks for any help.

Silju

1 Reply 1

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

The focus of this board is Network Security however there are a number of professionals online who may be able to assist you. We are always considering additional forums for such topics and I will make a note of your post.

If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.