Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DES Disabled

A simple question. Shouldn't DES be enabled by default. I thought the standard PIX licensing included 10-user DES capability and you had to upgrade to 3DES. I just inheirited management of a 515 with DES and 3DES disabled. Does thing mean it will cost extra to get a 3DES license since it won't be an upgrade but a new license?

• Other Security Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: DES Disabled

Hi

Yes, DES licensing support should be included with the unit. Older units however had to have the license turned on - there used to be a link to a form on CCO, but like everything else on there these days, I can't find it any more. (Am I the only one who thinks the new web site makes it impossible to find the useful information that was so easy to get at on the old site..?).

If you send an e-mail to licensing@cisco.com with the serial number of your PIX 515 and tell them that you need a DES license key, I'm sure they will sort it out for you.

Regards, Barry

Re: DES Disabled

Thanks for the response. I just got it activated. I do agree though, I can't find anything any more on the site.

Views
Helpful
Replies