Views
Helpful
Replies

DESPERATE!! Cisco VPN client & T1 connection

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Windows 2K SP4 Cisco VPN client v4.0.2(D) connection: T1

I currently connect to a government VPN using the NorTel Contivity client and my T1. The government is changing over to the Cisco VPN client.

When I use the Cisco VPN client, I can authenticate, but after that I can't do anything. I cannot go to any webpages internet or intranet) and I cannot ping any IPs.

When I use the Cisco dialer to connect to the VPN, I can do everything.

When I use Win2K's dial-up connection to my ISP, I can access the VPN fine.

The problem is when I try using my T1 connection. I have tried two routers -- Ascend Pipeline P130 and a Lucent Superpipe P155.

I am running out of ideas here.

3 Replies 3

revangelista
Level 1
Level 1

Since you're running out of ideas:

Try 'uninstalling' your Nortel client and the Cisco client. Then, 'install' the Cisco client by itself. Try connecting again. The likelihood of this working is pretty good for there are indeed conflicts when both clients are installed in one system. You can ask Cisco or Nortel, I'm sure they have an excellent reason why. :)

There's only one VPN client installed on the test machine, the Cisco client, and that machine never had the Nortel client installed.

My "main" machine that I use to do work with my client is running the Nortel software. Before I installed the Cisco VPN I uninstalled the NorTel client. After I couldnt get the Cisco client to work, I unistalled it and reinstalled Nortel so I could continue to do work and get paid.

Not applicable

This is what the statistics screen shows after I authenticate and then try to go to an intranet webpage:

Bytes

Received: 3264 Sent: 0

Packets:

Encrypted: 0 Decrypted: 0 Discarded: 122 Bypassed:25