Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Devices in DMZ having intermittent connectivity issues

I'm having the strangest problem in my DMZ. I have a couple of PC's maybe, more which looses their connections for a minute or so with other computers in the same DMZ subnet.

The symptom is sporadic within the DMZ, question can it be a PIX config issue if they are in the local subnet? Has anyone seen this before?

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Devices in DMZ having intermittent connectivity issues

it depends.

if you have a dns server in the dmz, and the dmz hosts use it, and thus they have no need to traverse the pix for dmz host to dmz host communication, then the pix is probably not in play.

if they are resolving host names for each other but against a dns server somewhere else, then if those requests cross the pix, it is in play.

how are the hosts communicating to each other?

Re: Devices in DMZ having intermittent connectivity issues

I agree 100% the strange thing is even as a test when I'm pinging by IP it would reply then all of a sudden it stops and after a few minutes it comes back.

the servers are on the same 3550 switch which hasen't been rebooted in 6 months. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it? But even when I picked 2 servers a put them on hub the same issues where there.

Are there viruse that can cause this? Lastly at the same time they loose their connections to each other they can ping everything else at the same time in the DMZ. WIERD?

Views
Helpful
Replies