cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP not releasing from ASA

PaulWelc
Level 1
Level 1

I have vendors DMZd and I'm using the ASA DHCP function. The problem is the DHCP doesn't seem to release IP's. the scope starts at 10.10.10.50 and I'm up to 10.10.10.74 (which means I have had 24 vendors in the last four or five months)which creates a problem as I keep having to add the IPs to Websense. We only get one or two vendors using the DMZ per week. Lease time is set to 1600 seconds. Maybe I need to shrink to the scope from 10.10.10.50 - 10.10.10.250 to 10.10.10.50 - 10.10.10.60? Any ideas? If I shrank the DHCP scope would this force the ASA to reuse IP addresses? Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

I assume that you are using the DHCP to assign IP addresses to the remote VPN clients that connect to your ASA. Here is a detailed documentation on how DHCP can be used in this scenario.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/multisec/asa_sw/v_7_2/conf_gd/vpn/vpnadd.htm#wp999516

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card