cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP renew time for outside interface of PIX 501

thult
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with a PIX501 connected to an ADSL-subscriber.

When using the following command on a PIX-501 "ip address outside dhcp setroute" the PIX gets an IP-address on the outside interface.

My question is how often the PIX renegotiates the IP-address with the outside DHCP-server ? Can you set the time manually in the PIX ?

The ADSL-subscriber has had big problems with their DHCP-servers which has required new IP-addresses of all devices on the ADSL-segment. It would be good if the PIX renegotiated the IP-address itself instead of using the "power-off"-"power on" method...

1 Reply 1

rrbleeker
Level 1
Level 1

The problem is that the lease time is detemined by the DHCP server. You cannot set a timeout value on the PIX to renegotiate the IP-address. Although I don't know the command by head, there is a command that shows you the value of hte lease time (remember that the PIX verifies its assigned address halfway the lease time).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card